Did someone say PIE?
November 24, 2009 § 4 Comments
Bakerella has this awesome pie recipe on their website. Anything with a layer of cream cheese and a chocolaty topping is fine by me! Here is the recipe. If you are feeling crazy and would like to make your own crust too, you can visit her site for the directions.
Make Cream Cheese Layer
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar using a mixer. Add egg and lemon juice and continue mixing until creamy.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Make the Pumpkin Layer
15 oz. can of pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Beat pumpkin, sugar and spice with a mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Add milk and beat until combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the dough covered pie plate.
- Layer the pumpkin mixture on top and try not to disturb the cream cheese underneath.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil to keep them from getting too brown and place the pie in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes then apply the topping before baking the rest of the time needed.
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Mix the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- After the pie has baked for the first 20 minutes, remove the foil and layer the topping on.
- Bake for another 25-30 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.